Wednesday, May 04, 2005

So here's how it went...

6:30 am.
I wake up to the alarm going off but I've been drifting in and out of wakefulness for hours now. "Well it's 6:30" I say to myself - might as well take my temp.

*muffled beeping*

"98.8 hmm. Wonder if I've been rolling around too much. I sure have been warm this month, maybe it's the extra blanket we put on when the weather turned cold this month. Crap man I really gotta pee - what is up with that? It's been like that for the last few days waking up with my bladder about to burst. Well.. I might as well get up and go pee."

*plod to the bathroom yawning*

*about to plant tooshie on the throne*

"oh crap! I almost forgot. I gotta test - new docs appt today - possble x-rays"
up and over to the under sink cabinet to retrieve the marked 'testing cup'
"wake up and AIM! J"
*yawn*
"CRAP I really gotta go!"
*hopping crosslegged back over to the throne*

...yadda yadda

*dipping test*... 1 one thousand 2 one thousand 3 one thousand...7 one thousand..OKay!

*sets test down on top it's foil wrapper* (I'm an old pro at this)

*blinking wearily into the mirror* "crap - go look at the time!"
...
"man can I stay awake for 10 mins?" "sheeze!"

*glance at test*

"SHIT! Is that a line?!?!?"

*stunned pause*

"No WAY!" - I better do another test.

ripppp ... dipp...

*look at clock again*
Okay - 10 mintues...

OMG - this one has a line too??

*frantic look around the bathroom* do I have any other tests? you know the "real" kind not these internet cheapie strips? YES! A box of equates!

I'm wide awake now.

*read instructions*
*dip*
5 mins this time...
2 mins go by ...

HOLY! I think tha'ts a line? could I be? NO way! NO WAY! OMG! maybe?!? After all this time....could I really be??

PREGNANT!?!

I try to calmly go into the bedroom..

"Hey honey!?"
Hubby grogily replies "yah?"

"I think I might be pregnant!?"

His whole body tenses in surprise he's instantly 100% more awake

WHAT?! He asks (as surprised as me - we both thought we missed ovulation this month with him being out of town on business)...

"But... but... when?How?" he stutters "I thought..."

"I know!" I interrupt. Then in a rush the words come tumbling out.... "Remember how I told you thought I ovulated right after you left, I was so sure of it, but then my charting software said it was 2 days afterthat, but then I got my 'usual' 9 dpo spotting and I counted back and it was cd 18 the day after you left - the day I was so sure I ovulated????"

"Yeahhhh" he says cautiously..
"Well - maybe I was right???" I say. "Could I really be pregnant?" "Could it really be true?"

A slow happy grin spreads across hubby's face ... "Pregnant." he says - digesting this new information.


PREGNANT!

3 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

OMG OMG OMG SQUEAL!!! Pregnant! :)

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

 
At 5:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

WhoOoOOOooOo HOoOOOoO!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home