Thursday, April 21, 2005

Ugh Migraine

I had a huuuuge migraine yesterday. It knocked me on my ass big time. Eating was off because of it. I also didn't get a workout (or stretches or yoga in). Not good all the way around.

A weather front moved in yesterday and I wondered if that might be part of it. I was nauseated all morning long (I think that's a new 'warning' sign for me). I had my usual choco cravings. *sigh* Ate 4 mini peices of dove dark chocolate.

I've been waiting to ovulate - my temp has been rising slowly since the 18th (the day after Hubby left for work trip). IT's possible I o'd on the 18th, but probably more likely that I ovulated yesterday. I've gotten migraines with the shift in hormones (drop in estrogen and rise in progesterone) before.

Time will tell. I'll probably be able to figure it out from when my period begins or when the spotting starts (if I have any of my 'usual' spotting this month).

I'm trying hard to be positive :P

Weight is back down to 229.5 lbs - probably because I only ate 1200 calories on tuesday and up until 10 pm last night - only 900 calories yesterday. Not enough I know but migraine pain kills my appetite big time. I ended up eating 1400 cals when all was said and done yesterday but I know it wasn't nutritionally healthy food so while I was close to my target of 1500 calories - it wasn't 'good' food ya know?

Anyhow - life goes on. I'm curious as to whether or not I would lose weight at 1200 calories, or even lower. I'm not working out right now so I don't think my metabolism would shut down right away - but who knows with how wacky my body is. Theoretically a 230 lbs woman should lose weight with a consumption of 1200 kcal/day - theoretically. The question is - how sustainable is that, and what are the long term effects on my metabolism. The fear of shutting down my metabolism has kept me from sticking to a 1200 kcal diet for very long in the past... of course like I said - I'm not working out much these days so it wouldn't be the same as when I was going full bore in the gym.

All thoughts playing around in my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home