Monday, April 25, 2005

Body coup d'etat

Yah - my body is staging a revolt I swear. I bent over to the side this morning reaching for a pair of undies to put on - *BAM* back goes out. You know what my thought was at the time? After I drop off Nicoles package I can go to the gym *SPROING* - at that moment back went out. WTF? Is it because I mentioned the gym? Is that it body? Is that why you forsake me? *laugh*

Soooooo I'm heading to the chiro this afternoon rather than the gym. Maybe the gym tonight? (maybe I shouldn't press my luck)


This is one of the worst lower back probs I've had in a long time. I can't bend over or straighten without pain. Getting in and out of my chair hurts. I"ve currently got spikes of pain running down the backs of both of my legs - but predominantly the left one. grrrreaattt.

Ok aside from my back - wtf is up with my appetite? I go from NO appetite last week to *OMG I"M GOING TO EAT THE HOUSE* appetite on the weekend.

I was thinking about this - trying to figure out a pattern. There are a couple of things that came to mind. I had 2 doughnuts on Friday. Hubby brought me home 2 of my most fav donuts from my most fav doughnut shop - Tim Hortons (ahhh there's my canuck heritage going out). I ate one - and then the other ..oops!

Actually I came out under target for food that day - not the best nurition though when you consider I had 2 walnut crunch doughnuts.... they were yummy though

Calories Eaten Friday:
source grams cals %total
Total: 1387
Fat: 50 447 35%
Sat: 14 130 10%
Poly: 7 67 5%
Mono: 19 175 14%
Carbs: 162 516 40%
Fiber: 33 0 0%
Protein: 80 319 25%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%



Saturday and Sunday weren't much better. Most of saturday was spent shopping for a new microwave (since my old one from university decided to start burning holes in my food - hey it was only 12 years old!).

Sunday - I was fighting off food cravings and appetite all day - not sure what was up with that but I made it through okay - not great. But okay.

2 Comments:

At 4:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chiropractors can be miracle workers. I thought they were kinda hokey until I needed one myself. I only had to visit my miracle worker for one adjustment and he sent me on my way. I hope you have the same luck!

Do you think your on/off switch with the appetite could have something to do with your comfort level of having your husband around? I was just thinking that could be a trigger, since you mentioned you didn't have much of an appetite when he was out of town.

 
At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you should try setting a strict eating schedule for your self for a week, maybe writing out EVERYTHING you will put into your mouth for a week and not letting yourself stray from it. All of the eating lots and not eating lots has got to be reaking havock on your body! Also writing down everything you eat as you eat it usually helps, keeping track lets you know why you are eating...

just some thoughts... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home