Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Pics!

First off - yay for minimizer bras. I have one on today and I must say it really helps. Prior to getting pregnant and have my boobs take on a life of their own and become godzilla-ish in size... I would have said "Be proud! Flaunt your assets! Don't hide them with a minimizer bra!".... I was happy with my double D's - sure they were big - but I could handle them. G's though? Another story. I needed some CONTROL!

Anyhow - sorry for the fuzzyness (and the trashy blue bra under a white top - I promise to change my shirt before I go out into public today!) but here are 'the girls' - looking like full D's in this bra if you ask me!.... I think my wide upper arms help to conceal how godzilla huge they really are (keep in mind my upper arms measure somewhere around 18" in circumferance!).

Here's another one ... belly. Looking at this pic I can see where my belly has changed a little. I seem to be popping out more right at the belly button level where I used to indent a lot more at that spot. I had the roll on my upper abs, then the indent with my belly button - then the huge pot of fat on my lower abs - affectionately called the buddha belly. Now I'm growing into one big roll. heh These pants btw are new ones I bought - 14 bucks at TJ maxx - they're deliberately big (Lane bryant's brand - size 20W). Without tying up the ties they're falling down on my hips - which is just fine. I should take a pic of me holding them up and out. I bought them big so I could 'grow' into them. I'm going to need comfy pants that aren't yoga pants! I can't live in spandex (I WISH).

Okay - on to the purses and shoes!!

These are the cream and pink Nine West leather mules - $18 - fun fun! I love the little kitten heels. Enough to make me feel sexy but not enough to kill my feet or calves (unless I'm power shopping in them).

I think the fun thing right now is that I can wear these. I think when I'm running around after kiddies or holding babies shoes like this will be relegated to special days, possibly even office days... but I won't be able to run around after the kids in any of my shoes like these! At least that's what common sense tells me!


These are the blue and white fabric Anne Klein mules - cute! I've been trying to be a bit more adventurous with color and fabrics in my wardrobe. Last year this time I wouldn't have even looked at these and probably would have said "ewww!". These definitely won't go with many things in my wardrobe but I have a few tops that might match, and I can always go with a monochromatic outfit and use the shoes, purse, and jewelry as the punches of color.

(damn I really *AM* watching these fashion shows too much! Listen to the stuff I'm spouting!)

Here's the white leather Anne Klein purse - This has a crocodile skin imprint on the leather which you can't really see in the pic. The shape is somewhat trendy - but not too far out - something I think that's always in style. The strap on the purse detatches too so you can make it into a clutch. The inside is a shocking green - but I still like it (odd for me). I got this one for $36 bucks - from what I can tell it would normally retail around $80-$100.



And finally - the Kenneth Cole wallet. This is really a deeper crimson red than is showing in the pics, I think the couch fabric and the flash are throwing the color off. Anyhow - lots of pockets in side but not too bulky (because when I add the cards and stuff in it always grows in size!) I have another red purse that matches this color almost exactly - So I can mix and match that wallet around with various purses. I got this for $18.00, the suggested retail on the tag says $60.00

I also bought a ralph lauren black leather wallet from TJ Maxx some time ago. It's such a nummy buttery leather too - I love it! And it's holding up *really* well. $30 bucks well spent! Unlike the faux leather stuff I've gotten in the past where the edges fray and the off color backing for the faux leather starts showing through at the seams, or the polish on the finish wears off and it starts looking really worn.

I don't mean to sound like some sort of fashion snob. This is really about getting more for my money than the labels themselves. I *HATE* buying something and having it wear out in a few weeks or months, and then buying something again to replace it. I figure why spend $10 on each wallet and have it last a few months (and then I put up with it for at least a year)... isn't it better to just save up and spend $30 bucks total on something that will last for a few years or more (and look good the WHOLE time)?? That's how I see it. It's more about quality than quantity.

It has to have quality though. I won't buy something just for the name if it hasn't got the QUALITY behind it. (back to my fabric purse comment).

And shoes - shoes have to be wearable too. I love the look of BCBG shoes. They're so adorable. They're leather and appear to be well made, BUT my feet KILL me just trying them on and standing in them (I think they're too narrow?)! I found several cute pairs in my last shopping therapy session, but I refused to buy them - if they hurt me just standing there in the store how can I even bear to wear them all day?? Scary to think what those shoes would do to my feet after one day - let alone a few years of wearing them.

Anyhow - enough frivolous fashion gab. This entry will fill this whole page in my blog - and push out the other more important post I already did this morning.... talk about fashion taking over! Work calls and I should find something to eat ;) Gotta feed the bean!

2 Comments:

At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh yay! a belly! your belly looks really firm. :) -holly

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

oohhh have you found out the sex yet? if you want to that is? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home