Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Baby is fine!

Yay! Ultrasound and appt went well. They couldn't find the heartbeat at once (via dopplar). I was a little nervous so started cracking self deprecating jokes. Like... "It must be the pad of fluff I have built up" etc. After about 5 mins of trying (felt like 40) the OB gave up (she had an intern with her) and got out the us. That was a relief because almost immediately you could see the little heart beating in there (yay!!!!). Little guy was stubborn though (maybe it's a girl??) and had their back to the machine. The doc literally had to find the baby with the us - put her finger on my belly to 'place hold' the spot and THEN we could hear the baby's hb. *phew*

Damn that belly fat!! I didn't think I was THAT fat. In fact I almost got chastised for losing more weight.

See - now technically I haven't lost weight. In fact I've gained about 1.5 lbs. Which is *nothing* for my body. I gain/lose 3-4 lbs all the time ... it just seems to be water fluctuations with me... or how well my body has been eliminating waste.

The week that I tested I was weighting 226 lbs or so (nekkid at home). For my first ob appt (clothed) I weighed in at 231 I think. Next appt I was 226 clothed (maybe a lb lost if you discount the difference for clothing. Next appt after that - I was 230.5. This appt I was 227.5. So overall loss from their point of view was soemthing like 3.5 lbs but from my perspective it's a bit less than that?

Anyhow - I was actually expecting to to be MORE (be up from 230.5) because of the crap I've eaten in the last few weeks with this move. Nope. I"m oaky with it. I know I haven't had enough veggies and fruit in the last 2 weeks, but I've been eating ENOUGH food calorie wise. And I know that from here on out it will be better because the kitchen is now set up.

Anyhow - she of course asked me "Have you been eating healthy"? Which I responded to - well with the exception of eating crappy food like pizza and burgers in the last few weeks with the move yah - thinking she was talking nutritional wise. But I think her overall emphasis was more on how MUCH was I eating. *shrug* Either way the answer is yes.

I've been eating on average 300-500 calories more than I usually do. Even more with this last move. So I think I'm doing just fine. I'm definitely not trying to lose here, just keep the gain to a reasonable amount. I figure I have LOTS of time to gain weight. I'm not going hungry. I'm eating when I'm hungry etc. I should be just fine.

At any rate - it was a HUGE relief to see the bean wriggling in there.

Funny but when we were watching him/her on the u/s I said - "Are ya in there little bean?" and the baby raised it's hand! LOL! The doc laughed and said "Did you see that!? - it just raised it's hand!!" LOL funny. Just co-incidence I'm sure - but a fun coinky that will go into the baby book.

Didn't get a good u/s pic this time but I'll scan and post it anyhow in a few days ;)

2 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Don't blame your bely fat! Could have been a bad, or older machine :) I was in the 330's with Eli and they had an old doppler that didn't pick his heartbeat up by 18 weeks but I'd had an ultrasound before that with absolutely no problems hearing or seeing him :) With Anna I was less, still 300 but they found the heartbeat with their new doppler machine at 14 weeks. Glad the little bean is doing good!!

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Sarah, the doctor has had NO problems at all finding the heartbeat with the Doppler and I was pretty surprised by that with all MY belly fat. It just all depends on where baby is and where the placenta is too because sometimes the placenta can get in the way which may also be why you haven't been feeling the baby yet. It's more difficult if you have an anterior placenta (from what I've heard from other mommies-to-be).

I really thought that hand raising thing was so CUTE! Oh! I can't wait to see my little one on Friday!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home