Friday, December 28, 2007

1 year later


Where the heck does the time go? I swear it was just yesterday that I logged on.

I'm actually writing this from Nova Scotia - we came home for Christmas. wooot I've had lobster EVERY day since we've gotten here - how FAB is that????? I'm in heaven I swear. (in case you couldn't tell - I love lobster)

Zach is nearly 2 years old. Wow - it still blows my mind. Honestly - seems like yesterday I was rubbing my belly and feeling anxious about being induced. Now here I am with a full blown toddler.... who's been well into the 'terrible two's for about 8 months now (oh joy).

He's talking up a storm... seems to add new words every few hours now (holy crap... oh wait I can't say that - he'll repeat it *laugh*).

Life is pretty good.

We got our green cards, they came this summer. Tim waited a few months at Polaris to see if they would step up to the plate to make things right... nope. They didn't he started interviewing. Within a few short weeks he had a new offer on the table.

With baited breath we drove down to Waterloo for the interview with John Deere. I had serious renovations about moving back to Iowa. i really didn't like the spirit lake area and didn't want to move back to that. I was very pleasantly surprised with the waterloo/cedar falls area and fell in love with it that first weekend.

So - we spent most of the fall searching for our first house. We found one house that seemed just about perfect for us. We were about to put an offer in when we got a call from our agent saying it had sold. ARGH!!!! Many tears and arguments later... (oy buying a house is stressful!)... we went back down again to look at more houses.

We found two more that MIGHT work - but alas the owners didn't want to move out until spring. So that meant living apart for 4-6 months, or moving in to a rental only to move again in the spring. Sooo we opted to keep looking. totally frustrating especially after the reality of how HARD it is to move and go through that hit home. BUT... what can you do. i couldn't imagine effectively being a single parent during the week and only seeing Tim on the weekends... Tim couldn't imagine being that far away from Zach and I - especially when Zach is still growing so fast and so different so quickly. So - we opted to find a rental and keep looking for a house.

I hope it was the right decision. We have a pretty specific list of what we want in a house and after seeing 70 or so houses and having only 3 meet our list (the others eliminated either for having major structural issues, only 2 bedrooms on one level, or no backyard, or a backyard but no access to the backyard (to store a boat/snowmobile/camper)... well I have a huge knot of fear that we won't find what we're looking for.

I hope we've made the right decision but I guess only time will tell. I have to kep hoping that a bunch more houses will come on the market in the spring (and within our target price range too).

anyhow - that's the update on us for now. I know I should probably share more given that it's been more than a year since I blogged, but that's the best I can do for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home