Friday, November 05, 2004

Lalala life goes on

I have tell you - last night was rough on me. Pain was high, energy was just about rock bottom and I wanted to just go home and sleep. However, I wanted to report back here that I had at least attempted to do something. I had plans to get to step class again, but work foiled that as I was stuck at work late fixing things. I was seriously tempted to skip out on the workout but again - not reporting back here today kept me moving, I really want to push myself to get back into a routine. I did a few laps around work before I left. Just walking nothing too strenuous. Then when I got home I went through my sun salutation (some of it - I can't do plank right now), and then the following:
  • 20 lunges (just body weight) each leg
  • 20 squats (just body weight) - focusing on form and making sure everything was lined up, knees didn't fall in and heels didn't come up.
  • one set of 15 leg raises (laying on my side) with toe pointed down - focusing on outer thigh - each side
  • one set of 15 glute raises (on hands and knees leg bent from behind pushing heel to ceiling).
  • stretching and more yoga poses to stretch my hammies, hip flexors, glutes and quads.
  • another set of 15 glute raises on each sidelong session of seated mounted pose, focusing on my abs and active sitting.
  • 5 mins of meditation. (I had a hard time concentrating with the meditation but I know it will get better with practice).

Some side notes: - any position where i'm on my hands and knees, arms above head, or any weight on that left arm - brings pain. I quit with some of the leg work because I couldn't hack being on my hands and knees for too long and I had started to shift the weight to the right arm - putting my form out of wack.

Not the most ideal workout, but the lunges and squats got my HR going for a little while there, and I felt better for having done it.I stayed on plan with food, and just barely got in 64 oz of water. It's movement in the right direction again.

I'll post some background info in the next post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home